Upcoming Eco Trips
Theme: Exploring Backcountry Forests
Destination: Cooper Canyon Falls
When: Sunday, July 28, 2019
Skill Level: ALL
- We will be hiking to Cooper Canyon Falls in back range of the Angeles National Forest.
- Meet at Ocean Safari at 5:50 am (so we can leave right at 6am)
- Return to Shop 1:30 pm.
- Forest Adventure Pass required for each vehicle, OSDT has two passes for our group.
- Please bring items listed under "Day Hike" in Know Before You Go section of the confirmation email
Trip Theme: Seasonal Edible Blooms
Trip Cost: $38
What to Expect:
- The trail will be dirt ranging from narrow to moderate width, with some shade and some sun in the north facing slopes.
- We will be hiking at elevation of 6000-7000ft, so you may feel a bit more tired than usual, but the trail is moderate.
- We will stop often to learn about the hike’s theme and to help break up steep sections.
- There is only about 700 ft elevation net gain and loss, and we will be hiking about 3 miles round trip.
- Temperature is expected to be in the 70s °F. May feel cooler in the shaded parts and hotter in the sunny parts. Please dress accordingly, layers are best.
- We will provide a small meal and drink that we'll eat together at the destination.
- There may not be cell phone service up in the mountains, please notify anyone who might need to get in contact with you